Do you want to get in shape even if you’re busy working from home or office desk? Sitting for a long time might take a toll on your back. There are lots of exercises you can do without having to go to the gym or even be away at your desk. These effective exercises don’t require any equipment and are great for all shapes and sizes. Let’s start breaking a sweat!
This workout helps to strengthen your triceps and you can do this anywhere!
- Sit on the chair for the starting position, then move your hip off the chair with your hands holding the edge of the chair.
- Little by little, bend and stretch your arms to make your body go up and down
This kind of exercise makes your gastrocnemius and soleus muscles stronger. Particularly, calf raises to strengthen your lower legs. Strong lower leg muscles add to general stability, decrease stress on the Achilles ligament, and give the lower leg a defined appearance. There are different kinds of ways to do this exercise, but for now, we’ll give you the most effective and easiest one, the “standing raise“.
- Get to a platform or a ledge you can stand on and have your heels hang on
- Keep those legs straight.
- And go up and down
Honestly, this does hurt a lot for me but hey, no pain, no gain. This exercise gives strength to your abdomen, back and shoulders.
- Lie down the floor with your forearms and toes on the ground.
- Keep your body in a straight position and hold this position as long as you can.
With lunges, you use your body weight and it makes your lower body strong and increases flexibility. You can add lunges when going to any part of the house.
- Take big steps forward and drop the knee
- Lift the front lunging leg to go back to the starting position
This is the most extreme exercise on the list and is mostly referred to as the cornerstone to any kind of workout because of the guaranteed results. It strengthens your entire body by using almost every muscle group.
- From a standing position, drop to a squat with your hands on the floor just in front of your feet.
- Kick your feet back behind you, and your hands extended like a raised plank position.
- Then do it all over again.
A great workout for flabby arms. It tones your arms and also strengthens them. They can be done in different intensities which will give you that “burn”.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Extend your arms parallel to the floor aligned to the floor
- Circle your arms onward by creating small composed motions, and continuously making bigger circles until you notice a stretch in your triceps.
- Do the opposite direction of the circles.
One of the most effective full-body workout because they concurrently work to burn fat and build your muscles. Keep in mind that you should have a proper form while doing this workout.
- Stand with your feet a bit wider than your hips and toes pointing forward.
- Put your weight on your heels while looking straight ahead.
- Push your lower back and your feet looking forward.
- Squat down while keeping your need in line with your feet.
- Hold for a few seconds then stand back up.
The exercises mentioned above are proven effective that require a little room and no equipment needed even when working from home. Do this as a part of your everyday routine. No need to go to the gym to get your dream body. All you need is willpower.