Due to advancements in technology, stealing a car might be much easier right now than ever before. The good news is that the same technology has led to the emergence of apps that you can use to recover your car quickly and with ease if it’s stolen. You must have the right app and use it well to find the car. Keep reading for more on how you can use your app to find your stolen car.
How to Use Different Apps to Find a Stolen Car
There are several apps out there that you can use. In this section, we shall demonstrate why it’s important to understand how to use whichever app you choose.
This is a popular choice for many car owners who use iOS and Android phones. Let’s see how you can use this feature on Android or iOS phones.
If you are an Android phone user, you should do the following:
1. Tap the pin representing your current parking spot and location. It’s blue.
2. Select Save your parking
3. Tap on More Info at the bottom
4. Enter detailed notes about the car’s location
5. Tap on Add Photos to snap your surrounding’s photo
6. You can also tap on Share your location
As an iPhone user, you should:
- Tap the blue pin representing the current location
- Choose Set as parking location
- Press and hold the pin until a new section, Dropped pin, appears
- Swipe on this section to see more details
Whether you are using Android or iPhone, you can locate your car by tapping on the blue pin and then Directions. You’ll get in the direction of your car.
This app can help you accurately identify your parking slot. You can use the information to know whether your car is stolen or not. It can also give you clues about the car’s current location.
Find My Car-GPS Navigation
Some Android users rely on this app to record their car’s location. After opening the app, tap on the park button. You can also snap a photo of the surrounding area and add some notes.
When you can’t see the car, you can open the app and tap on Find My Car. The pointer will guide you in the car’s direction. It typically features the following items that can help you to trace and find your lost or stolen car:
- Target distance
Note: For any app to help you find your lost car, you must be able to use it. So, when you choose an app, ensure it is efficient and easy to use.
What Should You Do If Your Car is Stolen?
Your app can make your work easy if you do the following:
- Verify whether the car is stolen: Besides confirming with your friends and relatives who can use the car, you should check the parking lot carefully and check with towing companies.
- Note: You should download any efficient app like “Find Stolen Car” and use it to find out whether it’s stolen or you forgot the parking space.
- Call the police: Ensure you provide the license plate, the VIN, your identification, the car’s brand, model, and color, and the location where you last saw or parked your car.
- Contact your insurance company: If you have a comprehensive insurance cover, alert the company to increase your chances of getting compensation should your recovery efforts fail.
- Inform the leasing company: If you rented the car, ensure the leasing company is informed to help up beef up the search.
Can an app be used to find a stolen car? If you are still asking this, the answer is “YES.” All you need to do is choose the best app and use the tips we’ve shared in this article to increase your chances of finding the car.